When you add an application on Appaloosa, the platform automatically alerts your end-users that it is available for download. It works for new applications as well as for new versions of an existing app.
But our alerting model had limits and some end-users sometimes could miss a release because of this model.
We have worked on a better alerting system aiming at reaching all relevant end-users when you release a new app or new version. Thus improving your native app store enrolment!
Disclaimer: please, keep reading as long as you can, even if the following is getting quite spaghetti-wordy 🤭… It’s totally worth it!
Until today, a binary rule has managed this alert :
- If your Appaloosa environment had an iOS or an Android native app store generated, your end-users would receive a push notification, straight on their mobile device.
- If your Appaloosa environment had no native app store, your end-users would receive an email.
But many edge cases were not handled with such a model :
- If you had generated a native app store for only one OS – iOS OR Android -, then notifications would only be sent to the corresponding OS devices. But no email would be sent to end-users of the opposite OS.
- If you had generated a native app store for both OS – iOS AND Android -, then notifications would be sent to both OS devices. But no email would be sent to end-users that had not the native store installed.
As of this week, rules managing emails sent to end-users have evolved. We aim at reaching all end-users that could benefit the new app or the new version that you have just released.
We now send an email to :
- end-users of the opposite OS of your generated native store
- end-users of the same OS of your generated native store, but who has not installed it yet.
Rest assured that end-users that have installed their native app store will continue to receive push notifications if the released app fits their OS.
This is a big step towards better communication between administrators activity and end-users mobile usage.
We estimate that 10,200 users will now receive emails that they would have not received for new apps and versions.
In details, 3900 users were affected by not receiving emails because the opposite OS has a generated native app store.
And 6300 users are affected by not receiving email because they have not downloaded the native app store generated for their OS.
We will pay attention to 2 key metrics following this release:
- The number of users that install an app from this email when they have no native app store generated for their OS
- The number of users that installed their native app store for their OS, following this email.